Thursday, February 7, 2013

A celebration of Inverness Caledonian Thistle

inverness caledonian thistle 2012-13 home kit



This is an update to my last post.

When I blogged on Tuesday, it was a piece of writing that I didn't expect to go anywhere, I thought I would put it out into the ether of the internet and no more. I was wishful of something positive coming from it, but I thought it to be extremely unlikely.

So imagine my surprise when I logged into my account yesterday to find an e-mail from Kenny Cameron, the chairman of Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Dear Duncan
 I have been passed a copy of your blog regarding the failure of our box office staff to return your voice message of last Thursday, regarding tickets for this Saturdays game.
 I have since checked with the staff and whilst they assure me they clear down the voice mails daily and they have no record of your call I do feel there may potentially have been an oversight at our end and your call may well have been deleted accidently.
 Going back to your blog you are correct in what you state regarding purchasing tickets online in our home stands for games given your status as a “new” customer but we operate this system for all games and not just because Celtic are at the stadium. We have a segregation policy that the staff try as far as possible to adhere to, to ensure the safety of all fans whilst attending Tulloch Caledonian Stadium.
 Given that you are travelling round 42 clubs in Scotland it goes without saying that I would not like to think you have been unable to attend a game at our ground due to any failing of ours, especially in these trying times for Scottish football and our need to entice fans back to the game not alienate them, as this is something I would be extremely disappointed in.
 If you have not yet purchased your tickets for Elgin City you can call the ticket office tomorrow after 10-30am 01463227451 (I have covered them in on this note and instructed them to provide you with two complimentary tickets for Saturday for the North Stand) and I am positive they will be only to glad to assist you and ensure you can make it along to our game on Saturday.
 I apologise for this unfortunate incident and can assure you it is not the norm for our club as we do pride ourselves in being a fan focused club and I look forward to you joining us on Saturday.
 Kind regards
 Kenny Cameron
Chairman
ICTFC

As far as I'm concerned that's a very impressive response from Mr Cameron and I'm very grateful for his intervention which will allow me, my brother and Dad to attend Saturday's game between Inverness and Celtic (I was able to purchase an additional ticket on the phone this morning).

I'm bowled over by the fact he would take the time to personally respond to me and it's pleasing to see that some clubs are prepared to take the time to explain their position and take a pride in what is being said about their club. In an interconnected world, it is imperative for businesses (and football clubs are businesses after all) to engage with their customers and I applaud Mr Cameron for doing so.

I'll be back in the next few days with a report of visit to the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium in the lovely city of Inverness. It's a ground and a game I'm very much looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment